Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Unpaid Intern

I thought this was a good article from the New York Times on unpaid interns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/03/business/03intern.html?pagewanted=2

I, myself, recently found myself in a situation where I was being given a ton of responsibility and not receiving pay. It took me a long time to decide what to do, because on one hand, I really enjoyed working at the company and liked all the other people. But on the other hand, I didn't think it was right to depend on someone to make a film and not pay them.

In the end, an inappropriate request involving jumping on a trampoline topless was the tip of the iceberg. I left the company. Another indication of how difficult it is to be a woman in this industry! You've gotta put up with a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment